Result of the Final Round
Change in a portion of the judging for the finals
- Due to the spread of the coronavirus, the "6th National Mangaka Daikaigi in Manga Kingdom Tosa" has been canceled.
- Since there is no possibility of the event being held in March, the judging of the "1 page manga" section by the original finalist judges of both the high school student category and the open category has been canceled, and the final judging will be performed privately by the preliminary judges instead.
Judges for the Final Round
- 【1 Page Manga】High School Student Category and 【1 Page Manga】Open Category
- Osawa Shuntaro, Kusaka Riki, Masaki Hidehisa, Muraoka Masahiro and Morita Masafumi
- 【Story Manga】Open Category
- Ogawa Etsushi, Mizushina Takayuki, Moo. Nenpei, Yamada Goro and ComicWalker's Editing Department
There were many fiery works that showed the passion of their artists. As judges, all of us had a really hard time choosing the prize winners.
The entries also feature art skills that are way above what we expect from high school students. It was really a good motivation for us as well.
Prize Money of JPY100,000 / Invitation ticket to the 29th National High School Manga Koshien Championships for two / CLIP STUDIO PAINT EX
- Republic of Korea
- Judges' Comments
- The drawing is really cute and the work is funny. The idea is also very good. A stronger focus on the composition and viewpoint in the panels would make this work shine even more. (Osawa Shuntaro)
- Everyone has something attractive about them! There is an incredible encounter waiting for us, if only we break through stereotypes and preconceived notions. (Kusaka Riki)
- You followed through with your concept from start to end while keeping it simple. Indeed, we never know where happiness will come from. (Masaki Hidehisa)
- This work is easy to understand, and it draws in its readers. The elephant pattern on the boxers could be interpreted as a metaphor for a certain something, which was amusing. (Muraoka Masahiro)
- The art is cute, and it has just a little dirty joke in it. It made me laugh. There are parts where the movements are a little hard to understand. I am sure this manga would convey its message to the reader even more with further research into composition and panel layout. (Morita Masafumi)
Prize for Excellence
Prize Money of JPY50,000 / CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO
There were many works that made me read deeper and sparked my interest. I had a fun time judging this category.
I look forward to seeing works with even higher levels of art composition in the future.
Prize Money of JPY100,000 / CLIP STUDIO PAINT EX / Wacom Cintiq 16
This year’s entries were submitted not only from japan, but also 18 other countries.
Creating manga requires not only drawing skills, but also various skills that reflect the nature of the creator, such as the ability to form a story.
I felt that in every piece of work.
Knowledge is necessary when drawing manga.
And that knowledge can be accumulated.
However, not only knowledge but wisdom is used when truly drawing manga.
The entries featuring wisdom in them... were many.
Prize Money of JPY200,000 / ANA plane ticket (Flight between Kochi and Tokyo) / CLIP STUDIO PAINT EX / The choice to publish the work on ComicWalker
The impressive work of the grand prize winner, Akimichi, will be published on ComicWalker in a few days' time.https://comic-walker.com/